Examples of useless data
- Storing documents containing data you have not accessed or updated within the last 3 years.
- Storing phone numbers in your smartphone that belong to humans that have not contacted you within the last 3 years (you may have contacted them within 3 years but they have not initiated any contact with you within 3 years).
Why get rid of useless data?
- It takes up space that could instead be used to store photos of puppies.
- It is an obstacle when looking for valuable data (i.e. useless phone numbers are in the way when scrolling or searching to find other valuable phone numbers). Time wasted wading through useless data could instead be used to enjoy nature or go shopping for copious amounts of jewelry.
- Useless data is as dangerous as a cluttered desk or home, it can shower many of us in a thin mist of anxiety that is difficult to identify in the early stages of discomfort.
Cleaning up your digital life every few years is one easy way to help you focus on the most important aspects of your life. Start deleting now and do not look back:)